DONATE / GET INVOLVED
The Hale Community Centre has done amazing work for several years and has set up some much needed and much appreciated new services during the pandemic.
Can you help us to do more?
- Set up the Hale Community Fridge & Cupboard – taking surplus stock from local supermarkets and making the food available to Community, helping those in need and minimising food waste.
- Set up the “Swap Shop” to support the community swapping puzzles, books, DVD's, children's toys and crafting items.
- Set up a Pop-Up Café in the garden to provide a safe and welcoming space for families and groups to meet up.
- Set up a Space2Breathe to provide practical support for those struggling with the demands of juggling work, home schooling and running a home.
- Continue developing our Community Garden to provide a wonderful refuge for the whole community.
What Hale Community Centre would like to do this year:
- Renovate the disused Nursery building behind the Community Centre for use as an open access youth facility for 10–19-year-olds run by the Community Centre.
- Set up Talk and Support – a group facilitated by trained counsellors to offer somewhere to come and talk, feel supported and offer support to other group members for those feeling a bit daunted by coming out of lockdown and venturing back out into a much busier society.
- Re-establish the Code Club for 11 – 15-year-olds to find out about coding, build skills and confidence and give them more opportunities.
- Continue to arrange and facilitate family activities for school holidays.
What can you do to get more involved:
- Become a Friend of Hale Community Centre and keep up to date on what is taking place.
- Support the activities at Hale Community Centre as a volunteer?
- Are you already involved in an organisation that could offer free sessions?
If you would like more information on any of our projects or are able to volunteer please contact Cathy on 07471 180958 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways of donating: We understand that sometimes it may not be possible to make a cash donation or you may like to know exactly what your donation pays for. If this is the case, please consider our alternate ways of donating:
With effect from 24th October 2021 for twelve months, we are part of the Co-op Local Community Fund. When members buy selected Co-op branded products and services, the Co-op gives local causes a helping hand. Go online coop.co.uk/membership for more details and to select us as your cause!
Clothing Bank. Fill a bag of your unwanted new and used items such as clothes, shoes, belts, handbags, soft toys, linen, etc and bring it along to our Clothing Bank. All items must be dry and clean. Thank you!
- Amazon Wish List: Buy an item from our Amazon Wish List. We regularly update our List with new items, so check back to see what exciting new items we need. Thank you!
Everything donated will make a difference to a local family. Thank you!